Monday 2 March 2009

Dax Moy's Muscle In A Month Program Day 28 - DOMS Rating 2







Final day and a shorter session which felt really good - back and arms. Finishing pictures and measurements:




Starting measurements:
Weight: 206 lbs Now 198lbs down 8lbs
Body fat %: 24 Now 20% - down 4 %
Chest: 45 Now 46 - up 1"
Waist: 40 Now 38 - down 2 "
Hips: 42 Now 42 - unchanged
Right thigh: 25 & 18 Now 26 & 19 - both up 1 "
Left thigh: 25 & 17.5 Now 26 & 18.5 - both up 1"
Right calf: 16.5 Now 16.5 - unchanged
Left calf: 16.5 Now 16.5 - unchanged
Right arm: 12 Now 13.75 - up 1.75"
Left arm: 12.5 Now 13.75 - up 1.25"
The biggest gain has been my arms - they've always been weedy, distance runners arms. Yesterday, I trained before church and nearly had to take the scissors to my shirt to get my arms in the sleeves!!
How do I feel at the end of the month? In retrospect, I think I would have been beeter of eating for mass and then trying to cut fat afterwards - I think I fell between two stools there. It also took me well into the second week to realise that I could actually survive the month without killing myself. Training alone and not being used to lifting heavy, I was cautious and I think I could potentially have made greater gains had I lifted heavier.
Over the last month I have learnt a lot about my body and its capacity for exercise (and pain!!). I guess the clincher is that I'm planning to have another go later this year!!

1 comment: